Innovation And Knowledge That Leads To Competitivity
Food technologies in Costa Rica are a strong support to the sanitary system, the health ministry is the institute in charge of granting the safety before, during and after the production of all products consumed by the population, a strong health system ensures a path to a competitive market, nationally and internationally.
We provide professional assistance in the industrialization of products for the consumption of human beings and also animal consumption.
The Costa Rican Agri-Food Industry is a Silent Actress In The Fight Against The Pandemic
Source: University of Costa Rica
According the University of Costa Rica, the food industry in Costa Rica represents 40% of the total industrial market in the country, it creates 54,000 direct jobs and is responsible for 16% of the total exports.
This industry is majorly fed by local agriculture, privileged by climatic conditions, soil quality, geographical location and variety of species grown.
In Costa Rica, due those aspects mentioned, specially the large amounts of micro climates, from the warmest to the freshest, you can grow as much species as you can imagine. In the most recent times you can find an important variety of fruits from Asia, Caribean and Europe, which can´t normally be found on other countries of America due their climate conditions.
New food industries are adding up to the Costa Rican market daily, including products as Hemp, which was legalized for cultivation and commercialization in the country in 2020.
¨The Main Asset of A Company That Produces Foods Are Their Production Techniques and Controls¨
- Analysis, preparation and optimization of production processes (identify decreases and how to reduce it).
- Preparation and application of quality control, supplier management, food safety and waste management (GMP, SSOP, HACCP, ISO 14001 and 9001).
- Elaboration and standardization of product formulations, adaptations with better raw materials, package and packaging.
- Creation of food labels and ingredient list.
- Design of plant and production flow diagrams.
- Advice on national and international food regulation.
- Implementation of traceability systems, food recalls and security alerts.
- Advice on cleaning products, additives, better raw materials, storage practices, packaging, among others.
- Preparation of training material and training services for employees.